What is Autrey Art?

Random artworks by Lucy Autrey Wilson

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Connecting The Dots



My latest oil painting is another abstract.  My friend Janet Ashford recently gave me some advice on how to take better photographs - which is to focus on any one of 4 intersecting points based on a grid composed of 2 vertical and 2 horizontal lines that break up the image into 9 equal squares.  So, my abstract painting is one of connecting these 4 intersecting points.  Meanwhile, I discovered some new software I want to buy from the creative folks at Alien Skin.  It's called Exposure 3.  But since all I'm doing is playing with art and not making much money at it I'm trying to control myself.  Instead of buying more software, I thought I'd see what my Alien Skin Eye Candy software could do with my new abstract painting and created a marbleized version and a version using lizard skin (both above).  I could play all day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment